My name is Barry, and I am passionate about using technology to help make peoples’ lives easier, better and more efficient. This currently takes the form of various freelance projects, working on two fairly large apps/projects of my own, and teaching the Front-End Web Development course at General Assembly, in Los Angeles, CA.
1-on-1 Tutoring available in-person or online.
- Helping users use their site
- Helping developers customize and code for Wordpress
Let's discuss your business and design a plan.
- brainstorming and helping you organize your ideas
- seeing the "big picture", breaking your ideas into individual, programmable components
- suggestions for implementation, including comparison and cost analysis
I'll develop, you wait for delivery
- Responsi-fying your existing site (mobile-friendly)
- Custom Wordpress Sites (child theme, plugins, 3rd party integration)
- MEAN stack Apps
Alma Mater Society
The AMS represents over 44,000 UBC students as well as students at affiliated colleges. The AMS operates student services, student owned businesses, resource groups, and clubs.
Managed entire database-driven site
Worked with individual services to determine and implement new sites/technologies to fit their needs
Mostly Coldfusion/MsSQL programming
Working in-house in a team environment with a graphic designer to develop the previous version of the site
Developed designs into browser-ready CFML/CSS code
Numerous relational databases/tables
Hand-coded Coldfusion forms to interact with MsSQL database tables
Thousands of database-driven dynamic pages
Custom CMS system
Thousands of user-managed pages on an in-house server
BarryRoss.com is my website for my music. I use it to house my music, videos, information on upcoming shows and to build a mailing list.
- Customized template
- Mailing List
- Embedded YouTube videos
- WooThemes Customization
- MailChimp Integration
Drama Music Productions
A one-stop recording studio in Vancouver BC, specializing in affordable high quality song production for singers, songwriters and vocalists wanting a unique sound … Located in scenic Downtown West End Vancouver on Beach Avenue, we are a small but capable company working hard to inspire and build up every one of its music production clients.
- HTML5 media player compatible on multiple browsers and devices including iPhone and Android
- Embedded videos
- Custom quote request form
- Setting up blogs
- Finding and configuring an audio player that would be compatible on a number of platforms and browsers
- Stylizing the mp3 player
- Basic video editing (adding audio and text to previously recorded footage)
The goal of Experience BC is to provide travel value added experiences that will personally involve, perpetually inspire and positively impact the lives of their clients and customers.
My work on this project included:
- Customizing a WordPress theme
- Customizing/configuring various plugins
- Adding custom functions
- Working w/ Buddypress and customizing menu items
- CSS/jQuery to style and and modify the menu to emulate that which is on the Triposo.com website
Drawing from local movements, HUSH provides its own unique brand of cutting edge and controversial editorials. Our team takes trending topics and pairs them with the hottest writers and photographers to create a raw, sexy, and unapologetic finished product. HUSH Magazine has a huge social following online and on the streets of Vancouver through our 15,000+ print copies with each issue.
*The client has changed a number of things around since I worked on the site
- Customized WP template
- Weekly email update which displays relevant content based on user’s category selection (Mailchimp integration)
- HushTV (displaying Youtube/Vimeo channel videos)
Hiatus Club is a Leisure Travel and Lifestyle Benefits Club that caters to the Production Workforce in the Film and Television Industry–from electrics, lighting and grip, to wardrobe, props, special effects, directors, and all other on-set personnel including actors and actresses pursuing their dreams!
- Searchable, categorized, jQuery directory of hundreds of merchants
- Paid member registration with on-site purchasing
- Mobile optimized version of the entire site
- Customized Woo Theme
- Integrated s2memberPro member registration
- Custom PODS CMS-based directory
- Customized s2Member Pro plugin to work with BluePay
Jodi Veillette Tennis Pro http://www.jvtennis.net
Hi Barry, Everything looks great and the school received the PDF happily
Deanna Nowadnick http://www.theplannersedge.com
Barry, that’s perfect! Now I’ve just got to get the pictures re-uploaded. Thanks so much!
Avis O’ Brien http://www.nalagadesigns.com
Barry Ross has been a great resource for me in starting and expanding my business. He built me a wonderful webiste that has been the beginning of my business, one in which that has grown exponentially since the site was built. He was very patient and helpful and has taught me how to manage the site myself. I would recommend 4d Media and Barry Ross to anyone looking for a web developer.
Anthea Mason http://www.dramamusicproductions.com
That is great, Barry! Thank you so much for this, and all your great professionalism.